Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Daughter Learns to Quilt

I will not be reporting on my daughters progress for a bit.  Her machine is not feeling well :(.  We are dropping it off at the Sewing doc's tomorrow for treatment.  Lets hope the repair is not too costly. 
**********************************************

I will be documenting my 9 year old daughters progress as she learns to quilt.  I will show you how I am teaching her, what works for her and what doesnt, and you will see her quilts.  Her first few quilts were rag quilts, security size, which she sold on ebay.  She is making these to help her become more familiar with the sewing machine and all its stitches. 

Please feel free to let me know your opinions and criticisms.  If you have an idea to help make something easier or patterns that are simple and quick.  Quick is very important for her.  She likes results.  

Olivia - 9 years old

Here is her FIRST QUILT:

No comments:

Post a Comment