Friday, September 25, 2009

Quilt Along for Beginners!!!


I will be posting a supply list for a Quilt Along for Beginners!  If you'd like to sign up, just email me and I will add your name to the side wall.  What are we making you ask???  It will be a modification of the Candy Buttons Quilt on the Moda Bake Shop designed by Vickie Eapan.  You can take a look at it here http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/07/candy-buttons-quilt.html.  I will be posting a list of supplies this weekend with pictures so you can see EXACTLY what I am blogging about.  We will NOT be making yo-yo's but if you'd like to add them on your own, that is your preference.

My daughter, who is learning to quilt, will be making the same exact quilt.  We will post a new step every Saturday, complete with lots of step by step pictures.  There will be so many pics you'll think I am silly, but I want you all to know exactly what you need to do.  I know sometimes when you look at tutorials or patterns you may have a hard time figuring how to get from A to B.  I am going to try to eliminate the confusion.

You will need some cirlces and squares.  If you'd like to buy these pre-cut you may go to an etsy store Canton Village Quilt Works  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5962226.  She will make you whatever size circles you need.  Dont be shy to ask for other fabrics than what she has posted.  I myself bought a variety of circles.  I will not be centering them on the blocks so I thought the different sizes would lend to this style.  It will also make it easier for my daughter to sew.  You will also need 6.5" white (or another color) squares.  I have these available in my ebay store http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Beverlie-Boutique-Quilt-Squares__W0QQ_armrsZ1.  I can do them in any color of Kona Cotton you'd like.  You may also be able to get them form Canton Village Quilt Works as well.  You'll need at least 36 a few more if you'd like to be on the safe side.

That's it for now!!  Happy shopping!!  Let me know what kind of circles you'll be doing.  I went with the 1930's prints.  My fave... reminds me of the quilt my great grandmother made for me.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the instructions posted. This may be something I'll be willing to try my hand at.

    ReplyDelete